The Letters of Casa Ricordi is an open project, relying on contributions from scholars and music lovers. If you wish to cooperate, send us your transcriptions via email at: email@example.com
After due check, they twill be published online under your name.
Thank you for your generous contribution!
Here below a few suggestions to start exploring the letters.
However, our digital collection offers more than 30,000 letters. You can access it here.
• Create a Word or Open Office file.
• Use its shelfmark number as title: LLET014039; CLET001762; …
• Set in a standard font (Times New Roman, 12 pt. is preferred).
• Text should be left-justified, not fully justified. Only date, place and signature are often right-aligned.
• Respect paragraphing.
• Respect capitalization
• Respect original underlines and deletions
• Do not amend orthography or grammar. If a mistake of the author makes the text unclear or ambiguous, mark it with [sic].
• In case of uncertain reading, mark your guess between [ ].
• In case of impossible reading, mark the missing word with star keys between [ ]: [******]